An important part of Cedar Park Regional Medical Center’s comprehensive heart care is helping patients return to the activities they enjoy. Our multidisciplinary team of professionals work together to provide a customized approach that meets each patient's needs.
Cedar Park Regional Medical Center’s cardiac rehabilitation program consists of exercise and education sessions tailored to your specific heart condition. During the sessions, you will be monitored by our health care team members. You will attend two to three times per week for up to 36 sessions, depending on insurance benefits. You will have an initial evaluation by a physician and nurse and periodic assessments through program. A physician is also readily available during exercise sessions as well.
Cardiac rehabilitation is covered by most insurance plans for a variety of conditions, including heart attack, angina, coronary artery angioplasty or stents, open heart surgery including coronary bypass or valve surgery, heart failure, and heart transplantation.
Benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Potential to live longer and lessen your risk of another heart attack
- Control heart disease symptoms such as chest pain or shortness of breath
- Stop or reverse damage to the blood vessels in your heart
- Lessen the physical and emotional effects of heart disease
- Improve your stamina and strength to return to your usual activities, including
work, regular activities and hobbies
- Improve your confidence and wellbeing
Cardiac Rehabilitation Offers
- Assessment of your personal risk factors for heart and blood vessel disease
- A multidisciplinary team to provide education and support for healthy decisions
and lifestyle changes
- Potential for family members to participate in the program
- Monitoring for better control of blood pressure, lipids, cholesterol and diabetes
- Psychological and stress assessment and counseling
- Opportunity to meet and share support with others who are striving to improve
their cardiac health
For more information about Cardiac Rehabilitation, please call (512) 528-7167.