Cedar Park Regional Wound Care Center's hyperbaric (HBO) treatments administer 100% oxygen in a comfortable, pressurized chamber to patients with difficult wounds. This oxygen saturation promotes the body's natural immune system and healing responses, allowing wounds to heal more easily, from the inside out.
HBO treatments are beneficial for patients who have certain types of slow or non-healing wounds, such as bone infections, diabetic foot ulcers, or radiation injuries.
HBO is one of several advanced wound care modalities provided at the Cedar Park Regional Wound Care Center. It is used adjunctively with other procedures, such as revascularization or as a primary treatment when other options fail.
Indications for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy:
- Diabetic Wounds of the Lower Extremities
- Chronic Refractory Osteomyelitis
- Necrotizing Infections
- Peripheral Arterial Insufficiency
- Soft Tissue Radionecrosis
- Compromized Skin Grafts/ Flaps
- Acute Traumatic Peripheral Ischemia
- Gas Gangrene
- Crush Injuries
- Non-Healing Surgical Wounds