Volunteer Log In
Volunteer Information Center
Thank you for exploring volunteer opportunities at Cedar Park Regional Medical Center. Volunteers are one of our most valuable resources. Your kind smile, words of encouragement and loving comfort are powerful tools, and we highly value your contribution to our goal of achieving medical excellence. Our volunteers give and receive in many ways:
- Volunteers provide support to hospital staff while extending hospitality to patients, family members, and visitors;
- Volunteers can grow as individuals by sharing time with others. Being a volunteer increases communication skills, puts you in touch with interesting people, and opens doors to new friendships;
- Volunteers receive an "inner satisfaction" which comes from helping others and the pride of accomplishment in a job well-done.
We hope you will take some time to learn more about our program and find a match that best suits your time and talents. We look forward to meeting you and welcome your application, questions and suggestions.
Volunteer Services Description
The Volunteer Services Department at Cedar Park Regional Medical Center is a very warm and friendly team. With an upbeat attitude, volunteers feel rewarded for enhancing the quality of patient care, as well as providing support services for professional staff. Volunteers also have the opportunity to learn new skills, develop new interests, make friends, and grow in personal understanding. The department also offers Teen Volunteer opportunities each summer for young people (ages 16-18 years old) that are interested in giving back to others, seeking personal growth, or want a hands-on experience in the medical community. (Applications for Teen Volunteers are accepted from January – March each year and can be obtained directly from the Volunteer Services office.)
As a volunteer, what would I do and where would I be?
Every effort is made to match your talents and interests with an available volunteer position. Although many volunteers join our service with the desire for patient interaction, positions are not limited to these assignments. Many positions require little or no patient contact. Depending upon your assignment, some typical duties might include: greeting visitors, delivering flowers, assisting with office duties - such as filing and making copies, as well as escorting visitors inside the hospital. But, there are many different and diverse opportunities to serve and to use your individual skills while volunteering.
What are the benefits of volunteering?
Volunteers are an integral part of the CPRMC family! When you become a member of the volunteer team at CPRMC, you can gain new skills, meet interesting people, connect to a unique part of the greater Cedar Park/Leander community, and receive the satisfaction of making a difference in people's lives.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted for volunteers (age 18 and older) year round. To obtain an application:
- CPRMC Volunteer Application or
- Pick up an application in person at Cedar Park Regional Medical Center. Applications are available in the front lobby area, at the Volunteer Services office, or at Human Resources.
The application process can take up to 6 weeks to complete and involves the following steps:
- Volunteer candidates should complete an application and return it to the Volunteer Services office. You can mail it directly, to the address listed on the application, or you may drop it off to the Volunteer Services office at your convenience. (Your application contains personal information, and is considered CONFIDENTIAL. Please be sure to submit it in a sealed envelope.)
- Candidates meeting basic requirements are interviewed by the Volunteer Services Coordinator.
- If a position is available that matches the volunteer’s skills, interests and time availability, the candidate will then be scheduled for orientation.
- To be accepted into the program, the volunteer must complete health and background clearance, as well as initial drug screen. Once accepted, mandatory orientation will be scheduled.
For more information regarding Volunteer Services at Cedar Park Regional Medical Center, please review the CPRMC Volunteer Handbook or email Mary_Spear@cedarparkregional.com
The application period for acceptance in the 2017 Teen Volunteer Program is now closed. I look forward to reading your applications next year for the 2018 program. Applications for the 2018 program will be accepted beginning in January through early March of 2018.
1401 Medical Parkway
Cedar Park, TX 78613